You’re going to love these keto chips! If you are following a keto diet, you might find it challenging to reduce your consumption of carbs. Indeed, not eating many carbs can be a bit stressful, and generally, it can be hard to stick to a low carb diet or a keto diet.
The good news is that you don’t necessarily have to give up on your treats on a keto diet! The reality is that you might have to put a bit more effort in the kitchen and to look for special keto recipes, but all the hard work will be worthy in the end as you won’t miss any of your favorite food, which will make it a lot easier to stick to your diet.
To start with, you should try with easy recipes, just like this recipe for keto chips: a shockingly simple and delicious snack. These keto chips are crunchy and taste just like the real thing: what are you waiting for? Keep reading to learn how to make them yourself and to bring your keto chips with you with no guilt! These keto chips work extremely well for being served at parties, as a side dish for your dinner or as a simple snack when you are craving something salty with lots of flavors.
Note that to mimic the tasty texture of a classic corn tortilla chip, these are made of almond flour and cheese, which combined result in crispy and crunchy chips, high in protein and low in carbohydrates and that stand up well in salsas and dips. Another good news is that you can be extremely creative in making them: by adding herbs, pepper, truffle salt, or garlic powder, you’ll be able to create several different flavors.
Some Tips on How To Make Perfect Keto Chips
Even if we said that these chips are easy to make, the truth is that there are some specific processes that you must follow to create the perfect crunchy and delicious snack we are talking about. Here are some tips you must be aware of:
- First of all, you need to ensure that the net carb amount is still within the limit considering some additions you might want to include such as garlic powders and other seasonings. Watch out as some seasonings can be very high in carbs!
- Start your dough using a microwave instead of a non-stick pot. You will need to soften the cheese without it sticking and burning while melting. Doing so using a pot is possible, but cleaning the pot can be a bit of a hassle, and chances are the dough won’t mix well. When microwaved, the cheese won’t stick and it will guarantee a mess-free result.
- Make sure to make extra crips chips, to hold on well on salsas and other toppings. That means that you’ll have to bake your keto chips well and to roll the dough very thin. The thinner the dough, the better!
- To roll the dough thin, you must press firmly on the rolling pin. To do so effectively, a good tip is to roll your chips between two pieces of parchment paper.
- Bake your chips on baking sheets lined with parchment paper. You can bake them twice to get that extra crunch that will make them irresistible.
- Don’t be afraid of brown spots! It is common for the thinnest part to get brown because of the reaction of the almond flour.
Making keto chips is not hard: just ensure you have all of the ingredients on hand and follow the simple instruction in this recipe!
- 170 grams of mozzarella (you can buy it pre-shredded or shred it yourself)
- 85 grams of almond flour
- 2 tablespoons of cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon of cilantro powder
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
Easy Steps To Follow
- Start with mixing the cheese and almond flour in a microwave bowl
- Add the cream cheese
- Microwave the mixture on high temperature for 1 minute
- Stir the mixture and microwave again for 30 seconds
- Stir and add the egg, the spices, and the salt and mix the dough
- Place the dough between parchment paper and roll it to create a very thin large triangle
- Remove the top layer of paper
- Take the bottom parchment paper with the dough and slide it on a baking sheet
- Bake at 425 ÂF for approximately 15 minutes, until the top gets brown.
- Flip the dough and bake the other side for another 15 minutes
- Once cooked, cut into small triangles, using a pizza slicer
- Bake the keto chips once again for 3-5 minutes until crispy.
So make this part of your keto weekly meal plan without a cheat day!